The Peer Review Process
EWE journal is used double-blind review process and reviewer doesn't know the identity of the author, and vice-versa. Authors need to suggest professional reviewers when they submit their manuscripts. When suggesting reviewers, kindly make sure they are totally independent and not connected to the work and authors in any way. It is strongly recommended to suggest a mix of reviewers from different institutions. An institutional email address for each suggested reviewer must be provided by the corresponding author. Please note that the EWE journal may not use all the suggestions, but suggestions are appreciated and may help facilitate the peer review process.
Article review process (two to three months):
a) Article registration and initial review (one week)
By submitting the article by the author, the initial assessment will be proceeding. In the initial assessment, based on criteria such as considering the relevance of the article with the scopes of the journal, the appropriate quality in terms of content, the use of appropriate and up-to-date references, innovation, and compliance with the journal format is evaluated. A preliminary review of articles is done in the following process:
- Registration of the authors and submitting the manuscript by the corresponding author on the EWE site and completing the authors' details and requirements (by the author)
- Announcing the opinion of the editor of the journal regarding the initial criteria of the article and, if necessary, referring to the Associate Editor (one week)
- Return the article to the author for structural/format modifications (if any)
b) Double-blind review process (one to two months)
Articles that are not rejected at the initial review stage will be sent to professional referees through the following process while maintaining the confidentiality and without the authors' names:
- Sending the article to three referees specializing in the field of the paper by Editor/AE (3 days). These referees are not necessarily the author's recommended referees.
- reviewing the article and comments along with completing the referee evaluation form and comments to the editor and author on the quality and quantity of the article by the referees (twenty days)
c) Initial Decision
According to the referees' suggestion of the manuscript evaluation, the initial decision is based on one of the following cases:
- In case the article is rejected by two out of three appointed referees, the article will be excluded from the journal acceptance process and the author will be notified.
- In case of acceptance of the article by two referees, the article will be in the final acceptance stage.
- In case of requesting a major or minor revision of the article by the referees, the article will be returned to the authors for revision.
- If the referees didn’t assess the manuscript in due time or their referee was not in line with the promotion of the manuscript, new referee/referees will be assigned and the review process continues.
- Reviews will be assessed by Editor/AE and the initial decision will be made (one week).
- If the paper is not rejected, the referees’ comments will be sent to the authors.
- Providing a modified version of the article and reply to the comments of the referees by the authors (two weeks)
- In cases where the referees asked for a second round of review, the articles will be sent to the referee to evaluate the new version of the paper (10 days). Otherwise, the Editor and AE will adopt the revised version of the paper with the referees’ comments.
- If the article is rejected, the author will be notified and if accepted, it will proceed to the publication stages (3 days).
- Asking for the initial acceptance fee as announced on the journal site.
d) After Acceptance
Upon acceptance, the manuscript will be exported to Production to undergo typesetting. Once typesetting is complete, the authors will receive the final edition of the paper asking to confirm authors’ affiliation, contents as well as payment of any associated publication cost. Once the authors have completed this stage, the article will be processed for publishing and a volume and issues will be allocated to the paper and publish online.
The waiting time for publishing the papers depends on the number of accepted papers. However, the papers are available in the "Article in Press" section as soon as they are finally accepted. At this stage, each article will be assigned a DOI number.
After completing the articles in each volume, the article can be downloaded as a PDF file for free on the journal site.
Peer Review Process Flowchart