Publons Membership and Review Guide
Please note that the Publons site has been merged with the Web of Science site in 2022, and respected referees with a Web of Science account can obtain information on the refereeing of articles.
Publons integrates seamlessly with the editorial management system to streamline the process of recognizing the valuable efforts of your reviewers. The publications, citation metrics, peer reviews and journal editing work can be centralized in the Publons system and promote your science and academia internationally. After registering the reviews in the Publons system, the number of reviews is stored and displayed separately in the Publons system by the names of the journal. More details of publons benefits for referees are available here.
After review of an article, the reviewer in a scientific journal must perform the following steps in order to register her/ his reviews in the Publons system:
1. Registration in Publons: https://publons.com/wos-op/account/register/
- After registration and entering the information on the personal page, you will become a member of Publons and you will be notified via Email.
- After review of each article, enter your review in Publons.
- To add your own review to Publons, some journals ask you if you would like your review to be automatically added to Publons. Therefore, by clicking on the yes option below, the review will be automatically transferred and added to the Publons system.
- Most journals do not have such mentioned option. In this case, to add your review at Publons, simply forward your reviewed email which is received from the intended journal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- After receiving the Publons response, this review will be added to the number of your verified reviews in the Publons system. Thus, the number of verified reviews and the name of the journals are displayed as follows:
- With Publons profile one can endorse various journals. For this purpose, after logging into your personal page in the Publons system, you may endorse them. For this purpose, by clicking on the ENDORSE THIS JOURNAL/CONFERENCE button, your name and photo will appear on the Publons page of the mentioned journal.